Friday, July 7, 2017

The place I'm staying in Ghent.

The place I'm staying in Ghent was probably built around the 1700s. It's super old, maybe the oldest place I've ever stayed. The ceilings are low, the stairs are wonky, the kitchen is petite - it has a lot of functional quirks as the building has adapted through time. For instance, all the water pipes are outside of the wall. Personally, I like it. It reminds of a house from the time of Cinderella or something similar. I've included pictures from the airbnb site so that you can get a look. If you want more details about the place you can read about it on their posting located here.








This is the entrance with the front door on the right. Since I'm using the pictures from the airbnb host they don't include any of the water pipes, which being the daughter of water pump installer is kind of let down. But you can imagine them. I'm far to lazy right now to walk to the bathroom to take a picture myself.


The room I'm staying in is simple and modest, but I like that too. It's also much bigger than my bedroom in New York, so I enjoy the space. You can hear the clock tower bells through the windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment